There has been a lot of speculation over the topic as to the perfect timing to post in the social media. The posts should be made in the social media at a juncture so that it acquires maximum exposure to make an impact. However, the hours vary with the type of visitors the company is trying to target upon. Companies resort to different processes to make an assumption when the target audience would be reached.
As per latest reports, market is surged with numerous social medial monitoring tools that provide different statistics about the best times to post in the social media. Netvibes is one such dashboard platform that provides an analysis of clients and adversaries and prominence of business across media channels. It also delivers media supervisory dashboards for prospective clients by examining vital outcome with third party reporting tools.
The time zones of various clients and customers vary. For marketing initiatives, the postings for either B2B or B2C can be done in a requisite manner. The general trend followed by companies is to post in the conscious hours from morning to evening for B2B clients. For B2C clients, the posts made in the weekends is seen to attain greater response, generally Friday evening to Saturday evening. Through Google Analytics, the conduct of visitors are noted by companies and based on it they chalk out a strategy to post during the period where topmost acknowledgment is expected.
As per the market survey data, below mentioned are the timings:-
- FaceBook: 1 to 4 p.m. is a suitable time to post where it may gain positive feedback.
- Twitter: posts on Twitter can be made between 1 to 3 p.m. to yield credibility of a website.
- LinkedIn: posts about a website on LinkedIn can be done from 9 to 11 a.m., either previous to or after business hours.
- Google+: for greater response, the effective time to post on Google+ would be 2 to 4 p.m.
- Pinterest: best time to reach the target audience on Pinterest is said to be 8 p.m. to 1 a.m.
However, in marketing field, it would always make sense to undergo a thorough research, to test with different times, analyze the traffic generations at different timings and then come to a conclusion without relying on others to provide the best times.