Every employer looks for an employee with standard mix of skill, experience and expertise in the relative filed. Getting recruiters to see the value in soft skills may be the best way to help a candidate stand out among other applicants.
An interview is the place where potential employers first learn about a candidate?s soft skills. From the moment a candidate walks in the door, observations are made about his or her ability to interact, articulate and build rapport with all of the staff. Some of the soft skills that employers look for are:-
- Self confidence to have an edge over other candidates. Confidence and optimism are the values employers give more attention to along with technical ability.
- Being flexible enough to meet all sorts of challenges. Nowadays to be successful in any field one must have the urge to learn and the ability to grow and expand the skills to be able to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
- Strong work ethics will enable a person to deliver high quality work. It enables a person to work under unfavorable circumstances and maintain self control and be diligent and dedicated towards one?s work.
- Good written and verbal communication skills for better communication system in the office. While preparing the resume, one must ensure that the contents are well written and grammatically correct. In interviews it is very important to communicate well in order to land the job.
- Listening the employer notices if the candidate is paying attention to what is being said and if the candidate is delivering appropriate responses.
- Being a team player will help an individual to develop a meaningful relationship with their colleagues. Sometimes being the leader, sometimes a follower, meeting deadlines, monitoring progress and helping others in the team is the key to success.
- Problem solving involves making use of the available resources, information and knowledge to address and resolve current issues within least possible effort and time.
- Ability to efficiently manage emotions such as jealousy, anger, hatred, fear, insecurity, isolation, etc. at workplace.
- Time management skill to cope with strict deadlines. To have the multitask ability and handle various projects at a short period of time, it is very important to keep a note of the deadline and prioritize tasks.
- To be ready with innovative ideas will help a person to stand tall among the mass.
Soft skills are not typically taught in classrooms, it develops with experience.
Incorporating these skills on the resume may make the difference between getting an interview and getting passed over. A blend of the above soft skills can help jobseekers land great jobs. In corporate sector, the final decision between two candidates with the same technical skills, the person with the better soft skills may get the job offer.
Fox Web Wizardz is an equal opportunity employer and are in the field of website design, development and mobile applications as well. Please get in touch with us for inquiry regarding our services at [email protected].